Word 2007 printing problems - 100Mb+ document RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very large document that i am trying to print but have been unsuccessful.  Here are the details:

MS Word 2007

1772 pages (split in to 2 page sections)

pages have tables and letterheads on every other page.

Saved as .doc and .docx same reults

The problem i am having is that once i try to print pages after about number 50, the jobs dont come out of the printer even though Windows states that the job has printed successfully.  there is no longer a job in the print queue and i have waited up to 30min for the print job to come out but to no avail.

I have copied data from the large document and pasted to a new document (entire 1772 pages) but this didnt work.

I copied a 50 page section from the middle of the document and pasted to a new document but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:08 AM

Answers

• Clearly I wasn't clear :) What I wanted to know in particular was how you made the print selection.

Print selection in multi-section documents is about as awkward as they could have made it. How are your pages numbered, and does, as per your example, section 100 have a page 200? Given your original statement about the document having 2-page sections, my guess is that you want page 200 in the document which may be page 2 in section 100 (p2s100).

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    • Marked as answer by PICA IT Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:19 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 7:13 AM

All replies

• Page numbers - for print selection - are section-dependent. If your document (a mail merge?) is hundreds of 2-page sections I am surprised you get anything after page 2. Can you give a bit more detail about your document and how  you are trying to print it.

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:41 AM
  • thanks for your reply

what other details would you like to know?  printing is just done by opening the document and selecting print.

i believe that you are right about the section printing but when i choose a particular section and page, eg p200s100, it does not print either.  herein lies the problem.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:19 AM
  • Clearly I wasn't clear :) What I wanted to know in particular was how you made the print selection.

Print selection in multi-section documents is about as awkward as they could have made it. How are your pages numbered, and does, as per your example, section 100 have a page 200? Given your original statement about the document having 2-page sections, my guess is that you want page 200 in the document which may be page 2 in section 100 (p2s100).

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    • Marked as answer by PICA IT Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:19 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 7:13 AM
  • right....i guess i didnt check the page numbers, just assumed the pages doubled as the pages went up.  i will try it and give it a go.

thanks for the update.

Friday, June 3, 2011 12:22 AM