none
Windows update in windows 7 64 bit ultimate retail bugs out after service pack 1 and it downloaded it new windows update and installed but has allways corrpedted Datastore.edb!

Question

• the main thing is each and every install  windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore.edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore.edb

can they at leats give a proper service pack 2 for windows 7  64 bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp1 i use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and i reinstalled the system allready  5 times each and every time the same problame that Datastore.edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck!

i how you can either releasse a service pack 2 so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack 1

or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working,

i use a amd 6 core with a amd hd 6700 readon and 8 gb ram

both asus motherboard and grafic

as it is now windows update is with windows 7 service pack 1= not useable !!!!

sincierly Christian Madjari

Monday, February 29, 2016 9:32 AM

Answers

• Hi neko_chrdragon,

The main issue is that the Windows Update won`t work after installing sp1, right?

First of all, this issue is not a bug. I have several Windows 7 machines with sp1 and they all worked very well. There must be something corrupted with the Windows Update. Please take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.
    1.Open an administrator command line and run "sfc /scannow" to check the health of system files as Cyber_Defend_Team suggested.
    2.Clear the windows update cache.
     net stop wuauserv
      cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
      ren Download Download.old
      net start wuauserv
      Restart the machine and manually check for updates again
    3.Try the fixit tool to reset Windows update Components
     How do I reset Windows Update components?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

If the issue persists, please check "Windowsupdate.log" (Search it directly) for more information to troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 6:34 AM

All replies

• Open start and search for cmd and right click on it and run as administrator and then type:

sfc /scannow

And see what is the result.

Monday, February 29, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Hi neko_chrdragon,

The main issue is that the Windows Update won`t work after installing sp1, right?

First of all, this issue is not a bug. I have several Windows 7 machines with sp1 and they all worked very well. There must be something corrupted with the Windows Update. Please take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.
    1.Open an administrator command line and run "sfc /scannow" to check the health of system files as Cyber_Defend_Team suggested.
    2.Clear the windows update cache.
     net stop wuauserv
      cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
      ren Download Download.old
      net start wuauserv
      Restart the machine and manually check for updates again
    3.Try the fixit tool to reset Windows update Components
     How do I reset Windows Update components?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

If the issue persists, please check "Windowsupdate.log" (Search it directly) for more information to troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 6:34 AM