none
How to Programtically differentiate a local mpp file from a mpp file created using save for sharing RRS feed

• Question

• when we use save for sharing a local file is created, its possible that the user can do the following which i want to prevent

1. User check-in the project, which he has previously used for creating a shared file

2. Now when the user opens thelocal file (which was created using save for sharing), and now when he clicks on Save AS, since the server project which it depended on is already checked in, it will propmpt a save to Project server dialog, with a empty project name

3. Now the user can enter any project name in the project server, and it will aks if want to overwrite the project

4. when you say Yes, it overwrites.

So i want to prevent user overwriting other projects whith a file created by using other projects save for sharing process./.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:17 PM

All replies

• I don't believe you can programmatically do this, if someone has the right to edit or overwrite a file then so be it.  You should really handle this by training and process.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:49 PM