none
IAG & SAP Enterprise Portal RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, Just cross-posting.

Has anyone had any experience with publishing SAP Enterprise Portal via IAG?
    Any gotchas? tips? etc...

Thank you
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:47 PM

All replies

• I have published through IAG.  There were  a couple of issues that I ran into.

Authentication

If you expect to have single sign-on to the Netweaver portal, it can be a bit of trick to configure.  I ended up with a double-hop through the underlying ISA in order to get this to work.

URL Strings

The Netweaver portal seems to generate some excessively long URL strings.  Because ultimately those URLs are passed through IIS, I ran into a situation where IIS was reporting "Invalid URL" when clicking around part of the SAP application.  There are some specific registry entries to address this.

Hope this helps or if you have specific questions.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:04 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks redparadox.

Was there any need for Kerberos Constrained Delegation & Integrated auth?  or did u use NTLM?

How could I contact you again w.r.t. the specifics of your re-configuration (Auth & URL Strings) if I encounter similar problems?

Regards.
    • Edited by D Wind Friday, June 12, 2009 10:03 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 9:38 AM
  • Tom -

In this case, I could not get KCD to work so I ended up with Negotiate as the actual authentication to the Netweaver Portal from the ISA portion of IAG.  I also try to monitor the forums at forums.iagserver.org as well.  (same identity).  On that forum, you can post me a private message with your contact details.  I couldn't find such an option on this forum.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 11:27 AM
  • Tom -

In this case, I could not get KCD to work so I ended up with Negotiate as the actual authentication to the Netweaver Portal from the ISA portion of IAG.  I also try to monitor the forums at forums.iagserver.org as well.  (same identity).  On that forum, you can post me a private message with your contact details.  I couldn't find such an option on this forum.
    Tom -

I've used IAG SP2+ to perform KCD to SAP EP hosted on Solaris. To do this, we leveraged Quest's VSJ for Netweaver product. http://www.quest.com/Single-Sign-On-for-Netweaver/

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:22 PM