none
Connecting in place farm to DBs from another farm RRS feed

• Question

• We have two instances of PS 2010 running in a Prod Farm and a Test Farm.  The SP (enterprise) Installation in Test is completely bare bones.  Test was created as a Project Server test instance.

Prod Farm:

1 APP

2 WFE

1 SQL

Test Farm:

1 APP

1 SQL

Backed Up the following DBs from Production and Restored to Test

Project Archive

Project Publish

Project Reporting

Project Production

Project Server Content

WSS Content

SharePoint Config

After doing so I was not able to connect to Central Admin in Test.  Services are running App Pools are started.

At this point I believe I need to delete/uninstall SP and PS from my Test App Server, reinstall them, create PS Web Application and attach them to the appropriate PS DBs.

What is the correct process to do this? And how do I uninstall SP and PS since I cannot access CA?  I'd imagine this is the process.

Unisntall SharePoint

Uninstall Project Server

Delete all DBs from SQL

Install SP

Install PS

Restore Project Archive, Project Production, Project Reporting, Project Publish and WSS Content DB from Prod to Test

Open CA -> Create new web application with exact name as production.  In this case /projectserver.

In CA provision Project Server.  Make sure DBs that are listed while provisioning match name of the DBs we brought over from Production.

IIS Reset /nofroce

What steps am I missing or need to change?  We have some custom in house development solutions in project.  Do I also need to being over Project Server Content to have all the project sites available as well?

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:01 PM

Answers