can anyone help RRS feed

• Question

• i'm using windows 7 64bit 

can anyone advice me which one is better virtualbox or vmware and i wanna use it to work on linux 

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:09 PM

Answers

can anyone advice me which one is better virtualbox or vmware and i wanna use it to work on linux 

I don’t know about being ‘better’, but I have used VirtualBox for a long time. I am familiar with it and have never had any problems with it.

I did install a Ubuntu distro some years ago which, from memory ran OK. I now have it installed on my Windows 7 laptop which allows me to run old programs that need XP. I also recently used it to test the various releases of Windows 8.

• Edited by BurrWalnut Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rabi3q Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:56 PM

All replies

I don’t know about being ‘better’, but I have used VirtualBox for a long time. I am familiar with it and have never had any problems with it.

I did install a Ubuntu distro some years ago which, from memory ran OK. I now have it installed on my Windows 7 laptop which allows me to run old programs that need XP. I also recently used it to test the various releases of Windows 8.

• Edited by BurrWalnut Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rabi3q Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:56 PM
  • VirtualBox is free, so I'd go with that. If you upgrade to Windows 8, Hyper-V is included.
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:51 PM