how to delete Expected Rule Entry from the MV object RRS feed

• Question

• when I deleted a sync rule from the portal, the corresponding expected rule entry are not removed from the MV object, is there a way to solve that problem?

the problem started when some old sync rules in the environment has been configured but their workflows and MPR got deleted before I do my configuration, and now the old ERL still exist in the metaverse which affect my logic.

I tried to delete the old sync rules in a test environment but the ERL still exist.

I have large environment about 80,000 users is their a quick way to clean that?

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:39 PM

Answers

• This is expected. In the future you should first fire off a workflow to remove all of the users from the scope of the Sync Rule which will delete th EREs.

This script will remove all EREs, but, you could modify it to remove only those associated with the now gone sync rule - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ilm2/thread/3db4100d-16da-4002-9708-43949659a4f8.

My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:08 PM
  • any suggestion to speed up the process of deletion because I have more than 80,000 users, can I use directly some procedure in SQL to delete those ERE

Add more FIM servers to the partition servicing the request is about all you can do. Deleting from SQL is a really bad idea.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:31 PM

All replies

• This is expected. In the future you should first fire off a workflow to remove all of the users from the scope of the Sync Rule which will delete th EREs.

This script will remove all EREs, but, you could modify it to remove only those associated with the now gone sync rule - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ilm2/thread/3db4100d-16da-4002-9708-43949659a4f8.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:08 PM
  • any suggestion to speed up the process of deletion because I have more than 80,000 users, can I use directly use some procedure in SQL to delete those ERE
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:51 PM
  • any suggestion to speed up the process of deletion because I have more than 80,000 users, can I use directly some procedure in SQL to delete those ERE

Add more FIM servers to the partition servicing the request is about all you can do. Deleting from SQL is a really bad idea.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:31 PM