Always available offline option unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We're in a business domain environment with Windows 7 Professional PC's and Windows 2008 R2 servers.
    I've enabled Offline Files through the Sync Center and restarted my PC, however when I try to right click on a folder on a network share, the option to click "Always available offline" does not appear in the menu.

I have searched the internet about this and can see many others having this problem, but I can not find an answer. Do any special GPO's need to be set in our environment? At the moment all group policy regarding offline files is just default and has not been changed.

Also this happens on all PC's in our organisation so it can't be limited to my PC only.

Please see an example in the screenshots below:

http://i.imgur.com/hnWlf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Ntr3I.jpg
    Friday, March 23, 2012 3:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check if there is the registry key "NoMakeAvailableOffline" in HKEY_Users\UserSID\software\policies\Microsoft\windows\netcache

Also, there is a group policy which can cause this issue: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Offline Files -> ‘Remove’ Make Available Offline.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Pesawat Monday, March 26, 2012 6:15 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check if there is the registry key "NoMakeAvailableOffline" in HKEY_Users\UserSID\software\policies\Microsoft\windows\netcache

Also, there is a group policy which can cause this issue: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Offline Files -> ‘Remove’ Make Available Offline.

Regards,

Sabrina

If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Sabrina

• Marked as answer by Pesawat Monday, March 26, 2012 6:15 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Hi Sabrina,

Yes the registry key does exist and it has a value of 1. Should that be something different? 0 perhaps?

Regards,
    Blake

Friday, March 23, 2012 7:46 AM
  • Please back up the registry and then delete this key to check.

Regards,

Sabrina

Sabrina

Friday, March 23, 2012 8:10 AM
  • Hi Blake,

How about the issue now? Any update?

Regards,

Sabrina

If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Sabrina

Monday, March 26, 2012 5:51 AM
  • Hi Sabrina,
    Yes, that fixed the problem. Thank you for the assistance.

Blake

Monday, March 26, 2012 6:15 AM
  • No help here.

Server 2008 R2 - fresh install w/updates.

The Offline option disappeared after finishing the server updates.

Checked Indexing and other w/o finding solution to getting User Documents folder displaying on W7 Pro from across the network.

chasster123@hotmail.com

Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:39 PM