How to exclude ‘my documents’ and other folders from limit profile size count in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using windows 7 machine in domain environment (windows server 2008) and controlling user profile limit size as 50 MB using GPO. 

I wanted to exclude my documents, my music or temp folders from count of profile size. (i.e, these folders should not be considered within the profile size factor)

Thanks in advance for any input

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:29 AM

Answers

• Majetis,

I don't understand your question compleetly but i will give it a shot.

Do you want to redirect the location for the my documents, my music, ... folders to an other location.
    then your look for folder redirection feature as described here:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732275.aspx

If you use roaming profiles and you want to exclude the my documents, my music folder from roaming.
    Than is it possible to edit %UserProfile%\ntuser.ini and set the following entry ExclusionList.
    [General]
    ExclusionList=Local Settings;Temporary Internet Files;History;Temp;Recent;My Documents;Tracing;Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent

I hope this answers your question.

Kind Regards
    DFT

IM me - TWiTTer: @DFTER
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:21 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:13 AM

All replies

• Majetis,

I don't understand your question compleetly but i will give it a shot.

Do you want to redirect the location for the my documents, my music, ... folders to an other location.
    then your look for folder redirection feature as described here:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732275.aspx

If you use roaming profiles and you want to exclude the my documents, my music folder from roaming.
    Than is it possible to edit %UserProfile%\ntuser.ini and set the following entry ExclusionList.
    [General]
    ExclusionList=Local Settings;Temporary Internet Files;History;Temp;Recent;My Documents;Tracing;Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent

I hope this answers your question.

Kind Regards
    DFT

IM me - TWiTTer: @DFTER
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:21 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:13 AM
  • I had to use just Documents instead of My Documents, Music instead of My Music, Pictures instead of My Pictures, Videos instead of My Videos.

Friday, February 24, 2012 4:21 PM