none
How can i view the tasks which are assigned to my organizational team members? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am a team lead and we are using Microsoft Project Server 2013. My team members have in many projects many task assigned. How can i view the tasked assigned to my team members within SharePoint?

best regards

Bog

• Edited by BOG's Lab Wednesday, June 1, 2016 3:13 PM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can go to the resource center (if you do have the permission), select the given resources and click on the "resource assignments" button in the ribbon. Then you'll see a page with the given resource's assignments.

Another way if to open your project in MS Project selecting "load summary resources assignments" when starting. Going to the resource usage view of your project, you'll see your resources' assignments on other projects of the server.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:24 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

thanks for your reply. But i forgot to add somethign important to my post above:

We are using RBS within PWA and i want to show the tasks of my team members not within the PWA site instead i want to show them on a "normal" SiteCollection outside the PWA.

Is this possible?

Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:06 PM
  • It does not seem to be that there are that much experts in the Microsoft Project Environment :)

I will ak a little bit different. Is there any possibility through ODATA, PSI or CSOM to query the Project Server like

Give me all Tasks for all my descendant Ressources as organized within RBS

How could i do this?

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:19 AM
  • Hi,

Of course this is possible. You can create such a report using SSRS, Excel Services and expose it in a sharepoint environment, as soon as the report readers have at least a PWA CAL.

• http://msprojectmvp.blogspot.fr/2015/07/how-configure-reporting-services-for.html
    • https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662106.aspx
    • https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff603998.aspx

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:41 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

thanks for the links. I tried now the following and please please tell me if this a good way. I found that you could use additional informatio at the ressource calles "Department" and "Team". When i fill in some values here for ressources then i am able to retrieve the current users team for example by querying the OData feed "Ressources" and then with the result (the teamname of the current user), i am able to query against the OData feed "Assigments" and get all tasks back.

Now i have two more questions on this:

- is it correct, that a user who is able to query the odata feed, get always all data

- what would i need to do, to reduce the result to the RBS settings within the categories? I mean i could set up a category which should only get projects created someone else where my descendant ressources are used in. Is this possible? If yes, why does this not reduce the data in the OData feed, and would it reduce it if i would use PSI?

best regards
    bog

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 7:39 PM