SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio - Wont Install, keeps telling me to resart my comp RRS feed

• Question

• The SigmaTel  STAC 92xx C-Major HD Audio Driver on my Dell Inspiron 1720 (With Vista) has been uninstalled and now when i try and re-install it using the DELL- Drivers (online version) and Utilities CD it keeps telling me - And i qoute - "ExitError:Error= Device Object not present, restart the system and run setup again"
    PLEASE HELP ME.

• Moved by Andy Song Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:07 AM Hardware issue (From:Windows Vista Deployment and Imaging)
    • Changed type GJoyce88 Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:37 AM SigmaTel Audio Driver Instillation Problems
    • Edited by GJoyce88 Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:40 AM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 10:41 AM

All replies

• I am having the same problem with my Dell XPS 410 system.  The sound was working fine while running XP, but after installing Windows 7, no more sound (due to no drivers being loaded for the audio device).  The Device Manager shows that the Multimedia Audio Controller is having a problem, but Windows can't find the appropriate driver.  When I download the latest SigmaTel  STAC 92xx C-Major HD Audio Driver from Dell (R157052), but the installation says "Device Object not present, restart the system and run setup again".  I have tried rebooting and disabling the device and then enabling, to no avail.

Does anyone have a solution???
    Monday, October 26, 2009 2:23 AM
  •  The sound was working fine while running XP
    I couldn't ever find a driver to work with XP. Perhaps thats because I am running XP 64bit, but where did you get it?
    Monday, October 26, 2009 4:15 PM
  • I am having the same problem.  Did you get a response from anyone???

Phil Knox

Saturday, January 16, 2010 5:14 AM
  • Exactly the same as Widget99. Cannot fathom it out so would be interested to hear if anyone fixed this
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:44 PM
  • Yes i have the same problem as widget and stevenknapman.

If anyone has a solution please tell me, and after all my research this is the only thread that has the same problem as me.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:02 PM