none
how to set up different pay rate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi dear
    How to set up different pay rate units such as ($/m, $/m2, $/m3, $/ton and so) … and that’s it. you know in most construction projects like building, roads, tunnel, canal even dam constructions cost of much of items such as excavation, drainage and so will calculated based on different pay rates as indicated above. for example if I want to setup cost of “excavation” task how I suppose to do that, if I have to setup unit pay rate of this task in resource sheets ? so which kind of resource I suppose to assign (work, material or cost resource) and how I use different pay rate ? or if I suppose to setup this kind of cost in different place, where is that place ?

with thanks and respect …

Sunday, March 31, 2013 12:04 PM

All replies

• You can use Cost rate table for assigning multiple costs of a material, work or cost resources. Enter multiple rates for a material resource if you work with multiple grades of material or if you need to incorporate material rate changes on specific dates. For example, you can use the Cost rate table tabs to enter rates for various grades of cement etc. and to include cost increases or decrease that you expect at specific times during the project. you could refer to the link for step-by-step process - http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/project-help/enter-rate-based-costs-for-people-and-materials-HA103465589.aspx

Sapna Shukla

Sunday, March 31, 2013 1:42 PM
  • Do you really need to calculate out the pay of the workers on the task? If the task is, for instance, excavation at so many $/m3 (or whatever), could you cost out the task using a material resource with units of m3? The cost per unit would include both the labour and any real materials involved.
    Monday, April 1, 2013 3:09 AM