LegacyExchangeDN and letter ñ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I need some help in here,

We are creating mail enabled contacts for all our students.

After almost a year of working it correctly, some mails started to bounce with an error

IMCEAEX-_O=NT5_ou=00000000000000000000000000000000_cn=1F500354AB19684F900BB0979DC2DC5F@uhemisferios.edu.ec #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

After investigating I found that was a problem with the LegacyExchangeDN attribute that I dont know how itwas deleted for some of the contacts (20 out of 150)

So, I repopulated the attribute, and it started working again.

The LegacyExchangeDN attribute has this structure:

/o=UHemisferios/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=CHIRIBOGA VILLACRECES PABLO SEBASTIAN

but I have found that all the people that have the letter ñ within their names wont work. For example

/o=UHemisferios/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=CARREÑO VILLACRECES PABLO SEBASTIAN

The error I receive when the LegacyExchangeDN attribute is not present is:

IMCEAEX-_O=NT5_ou=00000000000000000000000000000000_cn=1F500354AB19684F900BB0979DC2DC5F@uhemisferios.edu.ec #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

And the error when the name has a letter Ñ in it is:

IMCEAEX-_O=UHEMISFERIOS_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=MU+3FOZ+20PARRAGA+20VIVIANA+20ELIZABETH@uhemisferios.edu.ec #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I recommend you try to replace with letter n for legacyExchangeDN as  a workaround.

So far, I do not find related hotfix from microsoft.

Xiu Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have a working contact with the letter ñ in the name (if not try to create a new contact with the letter included)?

Then you could see how the legacyExchangeDN looks for this user

Leif

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:38 PM
  • No, I don´t have any, I tried to send a test email to a couple o name contaning the letter Ñ and non of them worked, maybe it have been like that for a long time, but I have never noticed it, because I don´t usually send bulk emails.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:22 PM
  • Also, I think I have the same problem with people with accent in their names for example á or é or í or ó or ú
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:40 PM
  • On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:22:42 +0000, Universidad de los Hemisferios
    wrote:

>No, I don´t have any,

Then create one! You'll be able to see how they're created.

>I tried to send a test email to a couple o name contaning the letter Ñ and non of them worked, maybe it have been like that for a long time, but I have never noticed it, because I don´t usually send bulk emails.

Are you selecting the recipient from the GAL or are you depending on
    Outlook's address completion cache or perhaps information kept in
    someone's Contacts folder?

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:10 PM
  • I cleared the Outlook cache before trying, the contacts are for all the studends created in a batch using csvde command on powershell, after the contacts are created they are organized by each student school faculty on different OUs, and then I manually create distribution lists in Exchange Management Console.

I also manually created a test subject and it has the same problem

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:12 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to install the related language on Exchange Server and your domain contoller and then check the issue again.

Besides, base on my research, you can have a look at the related thread:

undeliverable due to special letter in legacyechangeDN:è or é

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sk/exchange2010/thread/adbf0201-4697-4e17-b701-7c545150df19

Xiu Zhang

Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Thank you Xiu Zhang for your reply, I tried installing the spanish language pack, and didn´t solve the problem.

According to the link you sent me, a possible sollution would be to replace the letter ñ with n? and the same thing with the letters with accents on the LegacyExchangeDN attribute?

Will this work?

Shouln't microsoft fix this?

Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:17 PM
  • Hi,

I recommend you try to replace with letter n for legacyExchangeDN as  a workaround.

So far, I do not find related hotfix from microsoft.

Xiu Zhang

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:03 AM