none
Need to change default size of WinRE partition RRS feed

• Question

• On all Windows 8.1 deployments via MDT 2013, the final result screen of the task sequence shows an error that it failed to copy litetouch.wim from the deployment share to the recovery drive as WinRE.wim. The problem is that the default recovery partition is 300 MB, but the wim file on my deployment share is ~500 MB. Since there's not enough space, the file fails to copy.

What's really confusing to me is that after the task sequence finishes there is already a ~200 MB WinRE.wim file on the recovery partition. So even though the file failed to copy, WinRE still works. No idea where that alternate recovery wim is coming from.

Since the only real problem right now is that there's a warning displayed at the end, I guess I'd be okay with just suppressing that error (not sure how) but I'd rather just find where in the script it sets the default WinRE partition size and increase it. If I could use the litetouch.wim I'd get access to the DaRT recovery tools and other customizations I've added. Anyone have an idea on how to implement either solution?

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 12:00 AM

Answers