none
Schedule members removal from groups to be after specific time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have deployed MIM 2016 and managed to configure the group joining for users from the portal, i have a few questions

1- when i try to join groups from outlook i only see distribution groups, how can i join security groups from outlook.

2- what is the process when i try to join the group from outlook, how the owner will receive the email.

3- can i make members removal automatic after specific time.

Thanks

Teka

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 4:49 PM

All replies

• #1 - From outlook, you can only managed mail-enabled groups, so unless the security groups are mail-enabled they won’t show up

#2 - Think of outlook add-in as a UI client just like MIM Portal. The request will be subject to policies and workflows configured in MIM

#3 - Not out-of-the-box. But can configure custom policies and workflows to implement this use case. So for example, upon request you could create a custom object to hold the “Schedule” and on the expiry of that object, trigger member removal. You can do all this with MIMWAL without need to write any .NET code. You need to think of the usecase in its entirety and come up with necessary RCDC, custom objects, sets, policies and workflow, but all this is possible just by configuration using MIMWAL.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 6:54 AM
    Owner
  • Hello,

just regarding to point 3. I have a blog post on that, but it is limited to membership duration of 24 hour due to the Add Delay Activity.

https://justidm.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/mimwal-time-limited-group-membership-aka-simple-pam-solution/

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Saturday, March 26, 2016 8:56 PM