none
LTIBootStrap Not Running RRS feed

• Question

• MDT installs properly but when it logs on for the first time it will not run the FirstLogonCommand that calls the LTIBootStrap.  I can locate the LTIBootStrap in the C:drive and run it manually.  In the beginning, I try to run it with the Administrator account being enable and it did not run.  I then enable the Administrator account and let the Task Sequence Auto Logon with the Administrator account and still did not work.  I really do not know why is not working.  The BBD logs do not bring any errors.  Please help. 
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:52 PM

Answers

• Still not clear to me if the problem is because Windows setup is *not* calling LTIBootstrap.vbs, or if LTIBootStrap.vbs has a problem/bug.

When the machine is finished installing, is c:\LTIBootstrap.vbs still there? IT should automatically delete itself if called.

Add a line to LTIBOotstrap.vbs to see if it is displayed (around Line 35):

msgBox "HEllo WOrld"

Does the message display during installation?

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:31 AM
  • Keith,

Thank you for your assistance.  I was able to find the problem.  The image had the "Do not process the run once list" group policy enabled.  Once I set it back to Not Configure, the MDT was able to work properly.  The following is the location of the policy: gpedit.msc Computer Configuration>>Administrative templates>>System>>Logon>>"Do not process the run once list".

Again thank you!

• Marked as answer by Mangual43 Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:28 PM
    • Edited by Mangual43 Friday, June 20, 2014 2:01 PM
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:28 PM

All replies

• Most common cause is that the image you are applying was not sysprep'ed properly before capture. The unattend.xml file is only processed after sysprep.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:37 PM
  • Keith thanks for your response.  Using a VM so I do use all the sysprep, I have sysprep the image three times and still get the same error.  Should I just sysprep the image without using MDT?
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:21 PM
  • If you have properly syspreped the image, then it could be another problem.

* I don't understand what you mean by "sysprep the image three times" why would you sysprep the same image three times? Re-running sysprep over and over again won't make it more syspreped. In fact this may be a licensing issue. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766514(v=ws.10).aspx (Search for "Three times" )

* Verify that you are using the correct unattend.xml file.

* Verify that OOBE is processing the unattend.xml file, by checking the panther logs.

* You could also modify the LTIBOotStrap.vbs file to write to a log file to see if it's being called correctly.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:37 PM
  • I do not run the sysprep three times on the same image.  I revert my VM to the initial configuration and recapture image with MDT.  MDT then runs the sysprep and if it fails I will do the same thing.  I check the unattended logs but no errors related to the LTIBOOTStrap.vbs.

2014-06-13 14:54:50, Info                         [Shell Unattend] Running 'oobeSystem' pass
    2014-06-13 14:54:50, Info                         [Shell Unattend] Display: Requested Display Settings [1024 x 768, 32 bpp, 60 hz]
    2014-06-13 14:54:50, Info                         [Shell Unattend] Display: Succesfully changed to requested display mode
    2014-06-13 14:54:50, Info                         [Shell Unattend] LogonCommands: Set command 'wscript.exe %SystemDrive%\LTIBootstrap.vbs'
    2014-06-13 14:54:50, Info                         [Shell Unattend] TimeZone: Time zone set to 'Pacific Standard Time'
    2014-06-13 14:54:50, Info                         [Shell Unattend] UserAccounts: Password set for 'CMSAdmin'
    2014-06-13 14:54:51, Info                         [Shell Unattend] AutoLogon Password saved
    2014-06-13 14:54:51, Info                         [Shell Unattend] AutoLogon Domain is '.'
    2014-06-13 14:54:51, Info                         [Shell Unattend] WinLogon DefaultDomainName set to '.'
    2014-06-13 14:54:51, Info                         [Shell Unattend] AutoLogon Username is 'Administrator'
    2014-06-13 14:54:51, Info                         [Shell Unattend] AutoLogon: enabled local account 'CMSAdmin'
    2014-06-13 14:54:51, Info                         [Shell Unattend] AutoLogon: Using SID for 'CMSAdmin'

Friday, June 13, 2014 5:55 PM
  • Please help.  I have tried everything and still the LTIBootStrap.vbs is not being called.
    Friday, June 13, 2014 9:25 PM
  • Still not clear to me if the problem is because Windows setup is *not* calling LTIBootstrap.vbs, or if LTIBootStrap.vbs has a problem/bug.

When the machine is finished installing, is c:\LTIBootstrap.vbs still there? IT should automatically delete itself if called.

Add a line to LTIBOotstrap.vbs to see if it is displayed (around Line 35):

msgBox "HEllo WOrld"

Does the message display during installation?

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:31 AM
  • Keith,

Thank you for your assistance.  I was able to find the problem.  The image had the "Do not process the run once list" group policy enabled.  Once I set it back to Not Configure, the MDT was able to work properly.  The following is the location of the policy: gpedit.msc Computer Configuration>>Administrative templates>>System>>Logon>>"Do not process the run once list".

Again thank you!

• Marked as answer by Mangual43 Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:28 PM
    • Edited by Mangual43 Friday, June 20, 2014 2:01 PM
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:28 PM