none
SQL Reinstall on DPM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a number of DPM 2012 SP1 Site servers that backup user laptops.

My problem is that I have 1 DPM server which I used a separate licensed copy of SQL (and not the one that came with the DPM DVD). Both SQLs lucky are the same version.

How can I easily uninstall sql and reinstall with the sql version that ships with DPM, keeping all the data replicas on disk ?

Thanks

Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You will need to backup the DPMDB, un-install DPM and SQL server, then re-install DPM and let DPM install SQL again. Then you can restore the DPMDB after applying the same UR fix on the new install as the UR fix that was on the server before the un-install.

Below explains the steps to backup and restore DPMDB - let me know if you run into any problems.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2014/09/08/how-to-protect-your-data-protection-manager-sql-database.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, September 12, 2014 2:32 AM