Login in a domain in windows 10. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have a computer at home that it was part of a domain (at my old work place).

Unfortunately, yesterday I decided to click on the option that makes this PC not to be part of a domian (this is a home pc now) thinking that , if in trouble, I would be able to login again into the domain again as I've been doing it in windows 7.

Now, with my bran new windows 10 I have no option to login into the domain.  

I only have (or had) an account on this machine (the one that belongs to the domain) and now the only thing I see is my full name as user name and the option to put the password.  No idea of what the password could be, my old password doesn't work.

There is anyway in which i could login directly into the domain? 

I hope that I explained my self a little bit. As you might see, english is not my first language, apologise. 

Kind regards,

Hernan

Monday, February 8, 2016 9:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Hernan,

What's your bran new Windows 10 edition?

Please check via this step:

Right click the Start button, select System, under Windows edition, confirm your Windows 10 edition.

If it's Windows 10 Home edition, it's not allowed to join the domain. Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise and Education edition could join the domain.

If it's not Windows 10 Home edition, please Right click the Start button, select System, under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, check if your computer is a part of workgroup or domain.

If it's not in domain, click the Change settings link to join the domain.

After join the domain successfully, you could sign in with the domain account.

Note: you need sign in local administrator account to do above steps and provide a domain user account to join the domain.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Hernan,

What's your bran new Windows 10 edition?

Please check via this step:

Right click the Start button, select System, under Windows edition, confirm your Windows 10 edition.

If it's Windows 10 Home edition, it's not allowed to join the domain. Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise and Education edition could join the domain.

If it's not Windows 10 Home edition, please Right click the Start button, select System, under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, check if your computer is a part of workgroup or domain.

If it's not in domain, click the Change settings link to join the domain.

After join the domain successfully, you could sign in with the domain account.

Note: you need sign in local administrator account to do above steps and provide a domain user account to join the domain.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:27 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:12 AM
  • My domain button is greyed out.
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:22 PM