none
Project Server 2013 No users available for delegation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We recently migrated an EPM 2007 environment to 2013. All seems to work well except for making delegation rules. When I want to create a delegation I can select myself as the one who wants to act as another user but when I want to select that other user I see only1  users and that's me (administrator). All users are present in the Manage User view (this data was migrated as well). One remark: no user has yet logged on to the environment.

What could be the cause of the list of users being empty when I want to create a delegation?

Best regards,

Frank

Frank Jutte Winvision (http://www.winvision.nl) Project Manager / EPM Consultant

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Frank

check the permissions please. As your groups have been migrated from 2007 some new checkboxes will probably be unchecked.

There are global and category permissions for beeing able to be used as a delegate or to be able to delegate to others.

Hope that helps

Kind regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:05 PM
  • Hi Christoph,

I did a check on the permissions and me as administrator should be able to create delagations for a resource that has the permission "Can be a delegate" enabled. So I think permissions are ok, I don't see any new permissions that could affect delegation.

Rgds,

Frank 

Frank Jutte Winvision (http://www.winvision.nl) Project Manager / EPM Consultant

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:25 PM
  • Frank,

Just to be clear: Are you saying that when you try to Add a Delegation, and you click the Working on Behalf Of drop-down, only your name is listed?

What about the Set Delegate drop-down; does it also only list your name?

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:44 PM
  • The working on behalf of listbox only lists my name (administrator). The Set Delegate lisbox show some other names but most of them are service accounts for as far as I can see.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:57 PM
  • Are the users whose names you expect to see members of a group that at least gives them permission to Log On (and not members of a group that Denies that permission)?

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Hi,

I'm in the same situation. When I open Set Delegate list I see users. But when I open Working on Behalf Of I can see only my user.

I am Project Server administrator, but when I enter name of user in field Working on Behalf Of field and click Save I get message that I don't have priviliges to manage delegation of selected users.

Best regards

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:14 PM