none
The expression /EmailTemplate[DisplayName='Default timed out request email template'] is invalid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When trying to use a Request Approval action, I'm getting the error:

"/EmailTemplate[DisplayName='Default timed out request email template']"

This is what was out of the box with the activity.

I've tried with other templates and search criteria and get the same error.

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Friday, October 7, 2016 6:02 PM

All replies

• Where are you getting error? On save of your activity on the WF designer? What is the exact error? There should be detailed error in the event log, what does that say?
    Friday, October 7, 2016 6:37 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Nilesh,

It was in the designer as well as in the Event Log. I managed to work around it by filtering on the ObjectID instead of DisplayName.

WAL (2.16.0710.0): 10/07/2016 10:34:39.8874: ExpressionEvaluator : DetermineParameterType: The expression '/EmailTemplate[DisplayName='Default timed out request email template']' is invalid.

Not sure why one worked instead of the other, but things are working for me now.

Thank you for the help!

Friday, October 7, 2016 7:20 PM
  • Can you try to repro it?  I can't see how you can get it.
    Friday, October 7, 2016 7:56 PM
    Owner
  • I get exactly the same error despite of which email template (OOB or custom) is used. The workaround (with ObjectID) suggested above also fails with same error. I also updated to latest WAL version (from 2.16.0710.0 to 2.17.0414.0) but it has no effect. Using the same query on Scopes or Sets work just great so the expression certainly is valid.
    • Edited by Pappa75 Monday, July 3, 2017 7:58 AM typo fixed
    Monday, July 3, 2017 7:57 AM
  • Please log this as an issue on GitHub with detailed information or repro steps.
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:27 AM
    Owner