Exchange management console not able to access after rename the administrative AD account RRS feed

• Question

• I had an administrative user account(AD Admin a/c) KXP004 that recently rename as RPS001

The account which was working fine before renaming and was able to access the exchange console. Since I rename the account, everything is working fine except the exchange management console.

When trying to access the EX Management console displays an error message saying it cannot find the new name. What can we do to make the exchange management console work for the renamed account? Please assist.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Sherieftkl,

After renaming the administrator account in AD, did you log off and then log on by using the new administrator name? Please log on again and monitor the result.

In addition, please also open Event Viewer and check if find some related events.

-->Since I rename the account, everything is working fine except the exchange management console.

By the way, if this issue just occurred for EMC, I also suggest that you should post the question in Exchange Forum. I believe we will get a better assistance there.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Monday, March 30, 2015 8:27 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 9:50 AM