Roaming profile gets corrupted after password change during session logon. RRS feed

• Question

• When users are force to change password during logon (after it has expired) their roaming profile gets corrupted. All workstations are Windows 8 and domain is Server 2008 R2. The delete cached profile copies policy is enabled and therefore the issue matches exactly with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971338/en-gb except it's the wrong OS.

I've been trying to find a hotfix for Windows 8 without any luck so just wondering if anybody managed to get around this issue.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried the workaround method in the link? did it worked? Actually, form now, there is still no helpful hotfix to fix this problem.

In addition, what about change password from other client? not Windows 8.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:27 AM
  • We've just upgraded a few hundred PCs from 7 to 8 but haven't had any of these issues previously.

The workaround isn't practical in our case as our staff and student profile shares are different yet they all use the same computers. That's why I didn't even try but I suspect it would work.

Really looking forward to a fix being released as it is a right headache at the moment.

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:23 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kacenka Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:40 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:35 AM
  • Can't believe I still can't find a solution to this. Anyone else managed to get this sorted?
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:41 AM