background Black after logging in, Win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• After moving computers on the domain to another location and changing the names. The users logged in and they got a black background. They were not able to change the wallpaper but they could change the color from black to something else. When I log in I get the normal wallpaper I always have. I am a domain administrator.

Why is this happening? How do I fix this?

Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:52 PM

All replies

• When you disconnected them then reconnected them at a different point in the network they were most likely staged (within Active Directory) and are just waiting to be added properly back into the domain (which is a simple drag and drop operation).

If I had my server up and running I'd point you to the exact location but its waiting on some new hardware, sorry.

Please remember to flag a post that helps you as "answer" so that it may help others with same problems.
    • Proposed as answer by DirtyOleBeggar Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:01 PM
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:52 PM
  • I know how to do that. I'll give it a try. Thank you.
    Friday, August 19, 2011 12:24 PM
  • Your welcome.
    Please remember to flag a post that helps you as "answer" so that it may help others with same problems.
    Friday, August 19, 2011 3:03 PM
  • When you disconnected them then reconnected them at a different point in the network they were most likely staged (within Active Directory) and are just waiting to be added properly back into the domain (which is a simple drag and drop operation).

If I had my server up and running I'd point you to the exact location but its waiting on some new hardware, sorry.

I moved  the computers into the right OU. This did not fix the problem. They still have the black background instead of wallpaper.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:08 PM
  • There is a setting in control panel you can uncheck called "remove Background Images". This may work for some people but not for us.

This is a bug in Windows 7. When an administrator logs in the wallpaper will be the correct color. Hopefully they will make a fix soon.

• Edited by foggy_windows Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:00 PM clarify statement
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:25 PM