CPU Crashing on Windows Server 2012R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been experiencing great issues with certain Virtual Machines within a Hyper-V, which crash any time anything is changed or added or deleted in relation to printers and their drivers. 

Out of 16 VM on the same Hyper-V, 3 RDP VMs with the same domain controller have this issue.

At the start of this problem, weeks ago, the crashes occurred regularly throughout the day, every day for a week.

Now, many changes and updates later it only crashes specifically when printers are added or deleted or the wrong driver is removed to install the right one on the RDP VMs. Their domain controller has not crashed at all. 

It has happened that only 1 VM would crash, but also 2 at the same time or after a short lapse.

What happens is the CPU goes to 98-100%, then doesn't go back down, and the system is not responsive and none of the users logged in can work until the VM is shutdown and restarted.

I am wondering if anyone has any idea of what I need to change for this CPU crash to stop occurring. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any clue. 

Sincerely,
    Pauline

Friday, December 7, 2018 9:14 PM

All replies