Distribution Point with Stand-alone Primary Site (no CAS) RRS feed

• Question

• We have 4 offices in 4 different countries connected via VPN. My plan is to setup one primary stand-alone site (one location) and 3 distribution points (3 other locations). The three DPs are mainly for having the packages directly located at the location because the VPN is not that fast for transfering them when needed.

• I'm not really sure if this can be done this way without having a CAS. Can it? As far as I found out, there's no CAS needed. Correct?
    • Would it be better to have secondary sites instead of distribution points? If so, do I need a CAS then? As far as I found out, I don't need one.

Thanx for any feedback!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:02 AM

Answers

• No you don't have to use CAS in this case.

Usually a distribution point is good enough, you should consedering of using a Secondary site if you need a local management point, local state migration point and/or a local SUP and if you have more than 500 clients in the remote office.

• Marked as answer by honkman16 Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:44 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:35 AM

All replies

• No you don't have to use CAS in this case.

Usually a distribution point is good enough, you should consedering of using a Secondary site if you need a local management point, local state migration point and/or a local SUP and if you have more than 500 clients in the remote office.

• Marked as answer by honkman16 Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:44 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:35 AM
  • Thank you! I'll go fro the DP option then.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:45 AM