MAP doesn't report performance metrics RRS feed

• Question

• I try to capture performance metrics for servers, as a result we have a clean excel report without any data, but Collection Statistics section says i had 100% Successful Attempts. I experience this problem in different scenarios in domain, workgroup and mixed environments, trying different OSes. No errors and No results ;(

MCSE
    Monday, May 19, 2008 8:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Dmitry,

We are currently planning to test the MAP code with Russian OS since that it appears that your problem is solved by running MAP on English OS.

For the record, Russian OS was out of scope for MAP 3.0.  We've conducted localization testing on English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, French and German.  Not Russian.

Nonetheless, we will look into this shortly.

Thanks,
    Baldwin
    BNg
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:49 PM
  • i have the same problem on german os, no performance metrics available in excel report. os and office (office 2003) are updated with newest hotfixes and service packs.
    any idea what's wrong? thanks
    Friday, May 30, 2008 9:52 AM
  • Robert,

The root cause of your issue may not have to do with the German OS localization. There are many potential reasons of not getting perfmon data. 

1) WMI credentials not correct
    2) Machines physically shut down
    3) Remote administration issues
    4) Possiblye localization issues (e.g. Dmitry Morozov's case - beginning of this thread)

Please email us at mapfdbk@microsoft.com separately and provide your log files and backup of the database.  We'll be happy to help  you troubleshoot what is the cause of your specific issue.

Thanks,
    Baldwin Ng - MAP Team
    BNg
    Saturday, May 31, 2008 4:13 PM
  •  All -

Over the past week or so we've been working to resolve this issue.  This update has been included in the MAP 3.1 release now available at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=67240b76-3148-4e49-943d-4d9ea7f77730&DisplayLang=en 

We would love to hear from you to make sure that this issue was resolved.

Cheers!

Rob
    Monday, June 30, 2008 3:48 PM