none
Error on Sync from Microsoft Project to Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting an error when I synchronize a mpp file to a SharePoint Task List using the "Sync to Tasks List" command.  If I have 20 tasks it tells me the 21st is causing the error.

"Unable to synchronize the project with the SharePoint tasks list because task 21 has no value for the column Title.  Add a value for column Title for task 21 and synchronize again."

The 21st entry is empty before the Sync and then filled in with default values after the Sync fails.

Jonathan M Beck

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:35 PM

All replies

• In Project Pro, how many tasks are showing in the grid? Is it possible that you have a 21st row with no title?

I've done this before by accident, so just wondering.

Treb Gatte

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:46 PM
  • No sir.  The numbers only go up to 20 before I press Sync.  I press Sync, it gives Error and then a new task appears: number 21.

Jonathan M Beck

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:56 PM
  • Hey Jonathan,

Can you append screenshots of project grid and error?

Thanks!

Treb Gatte

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:26 PM
  • Treb,

I created a brand new Project file, entered tasks, etc. and it Sync'd with no problem.

It must be something with the Project file that I am using, but I do not know what.  

Here are the 5 screen shots with some information blocked out:

Jonathan M Beck

• Edited by Beta Star Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:08 PM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:06 PM
  • Jonathan,

Odd, I see a row 74 show up in the last two screenshots with no Task Title. Are you on SP1 for the client?

Treb Gatte

Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Project Version 14.0.6023.1000 (SP1)

Jonathan M Beck

Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:00 PM
  • If I create an .MPP document inside the test domain we have setup, it works fine.

The .MPP document that gives an error is from another domain.  I believe that has something to do with why the odd row is added. 

Jonathan M Beck

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:03 PM