none
How to restrict to save files (including Ms-Office applications) in "User Profile Folder" for Windows10 and Windows7

Question

• Hi,

I have GPO which will restrict to save files and folders inside "user Profile folder" which locate in my computer and c:\users\xxxx.  But when I open any office application for example, I can save into that path (Click my computer/This Computer and select User profile folder) Inside I can save it. But unable to open it due to applied GPO, by the same time I can open that saved file with Empty MS office application by open and browse the location and open it. How to restrict to save/Save as (or) I want to restrict to save into that User profile folder itself.

Kindly let me know to sort out this issue.

Thanks,

Radhakrishnan Ramasamy.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:06 PM

All replies

• You can try updating the NTFS permissions of the folder using GPOs so that you can apply the needed restrictions.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 11:30 PM
  • Hi Radhakrishnan,
    I agree with Mr X that if we want to protect user to write date into a partition or folder. We could set NTF permission of this folder. If that works for you, you could have a try the following article regarding it step by step:
    https://msdirectoryservices.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/set-ntfs-folder-permissions-using-gpo/
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 23, 2017 9:55 AM