Lost slide show option RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded to a new SSD by cloning the existing HD using the app that came with the SSD. Now my desktop background slideshow has disappeared. The option for slideshow has become gray. There was a warning on the cloning app to close all open files. I did not turn off the slide show so that must have been the source of the problem. Is there a way to recover the desktop background slideshow feature?
    Sunday, February 15, 2015 7:38 PM

Answers

• This is a very common occurrence using such 3rd party "cloning" utilities and it is virtually impossible to pinpoint what happened to cause you to lose your slide show.

Microsoft cannot tell what happened because you used a 3rd party utility and the publisher of that utility has sole responsibility for support of it.

I see this type of complaint quite often with all the 3rd party utilities claiming to clone from and HDD to an SSD.

The best solution is to use Windows Easy Transfer on your old HDD, do a clean install of Windows 7 on the SSD, and then use the Windows Easy Transfer to import your data from your old HDD.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Monday, February 16, 2015 9:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, March 6, 2015 2:27 AM
    Sunday, February 15, 2015 8:31 PM

All replies

• This is a very common occurrence using such 3rd party "cloning" utilities and it is virtually impossible to pinpoint what happened to cause you to lose your slide show.

Microsoft cannot tell what happened because you used a 3rd party utility and the publisher of that utility has sole responsibility for support of it.

I see this type of complaint quite often with all the 3rd party utilities claiming to clone from and HDD to an SSD.

The best solution is to use Windows Easy Transfer on your old HDD, do a clean install of Windows 7 on the SSD, and then use the Windows Easy Transfer to import your data from your old HDD.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Monday, February 16, 2015 9:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, March 6, 2015 2:27 AM
    Sunday, February 15, 2015 8:31 PM
  • If you are using Windows 7 slideshow (by right clicking desktop => Personalization), and can see the words "Slide Show" (greyed out) then try clicking on the words "Desktop Background" just above. This should open a window where you can
    - set picture folder
    - set pictures in slide show by checking top left corner of pictures
    - change picture interval
    - picture position
    - shuffle

Sunday, February 15, 2015 10:41 PM