Display issues with PB app on UAG Portal RRS feed

• Question

• We have display issues with an in-house PowerBuilder 11.5 app that resides on 2008 R2 and runs as a RemoteApp from our UAG Portal homepage:

·         Several response windows do not display at all.

·         Multi-select boxes do not display correctly. e.g. OK button not active after making selections.

·         App windows become separated from the apps main window.

These issues do not occur when RDC'ing into the 2008 R2 server and using the app from the server's desktop or when the app's path is added to an RDP file so that the app starts immediately upon connection to the 2008 R2 server (alternate shell:s:C:\AppFolder\App.exe).

All advice is much appreciated.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm not sure I understand, from your latest response, whether this happens only when done through UAG, or also when using RemoteApp directly. If this happens when not going through UAG, then this is not the appropriate forum for this issue.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:32 PM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This question appears to have been here for a while, with no answer. I can't think of a reason for this either, as UAG does not affect the content of the stream. It may be an RDG issue, or something with the RD client. I would encourage you to open a support case for this, so it can be investigated in accord with the RDP and RDG support teams, if needed.

Ben Ari
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:31 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Struth Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:37 AM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:31 PM
  • Thanks Ben.

We discovered today that the multi-select box issue does not occur when the app is sequenced with App-V and then published to our UAG portal homepage.

The other two issues still occur with App-V. I'll chat to the boss about your suggestion.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:41 PM
  • Here's an update to my original post:

1.  This is a RemoteApp issue. UAG is incidental; our PB app only runs as a RemoteApp when it is being used through UAG.

2.  The multi-select issue (second bullet in my original post) has been resolved by KB979425. Running our app from an App-V farm instead of a stand-alone terminal server also resolved this issue but in reality this is a workaround not a solution.

3.  The other two issues remain unresolved.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:14 AM
  • Hi,

I'm not sure I understand, from your latest response, whether this happens only when done through UAG, or also when using RemoteApp directly. If this happens when not going through UAG, then this is not the appropriate forum for this issue.

Ben Ari
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:32 PM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:32 PM
  • Ben,

The issue occurs through UAG and when using RemoteApp directly.

When our app is run through UAG it is actually running as a RemoteApp.

Therefore, this is a RemoteApp issue and as you correctly point out, this is not the correct forum.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:18 AM