none
Windows Server 2008 R2 Updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know that i am having windows server 2008 R2 server's including the VMs also.

I don't know when to update these server's as these all are in the domain.

Kindly help me out as few of them are application based , and in production server's also.

Urgent,

Regards, Ravi Kumar

Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to know that i am having windows server 2008 R2 server's including the VMs also.

I don't know when to update these server's as these all are in the domain.

Kindly help me out as few of them are application based , and in production server's also.

Urgent,

Regards, Ravi Kumar

Regards, Ravi Kumar

Friday, August 1, 2014 6:52 AM
  • Might be there will be an option to stop automatic reboot after installing the updates. so on  internet i found some info which might be helpful for you...

Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Update->No auto-restart for scheduled Automatic Update installation

You can get to this by running "gpedit.msc"

Reboot to apply changes

The best solution that I am aware of is to turn off automatic updates. Then you schedule maintenance windows with your customers and apply the updates manually and do the reboot then make sure everything that you need is running after the reboot.

Just stopping the reboots is a bad idea because that gives the impression that you are fully updated when you really aren't since updates that need reboots to complete...well...you know...need reboots to complete.

• Edited by ajaybak Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:58 AM Additional Info
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:46 AM