Duplicate My Documents folders RRS feed

• Question

• I was cleaning up files on my Windows 7 and somehow have created/gotten 2 folders called My Documents.  They are mirror images of each other - when I delete a file from one, it goes away in the other as well.  I created another folder and copied everything into the new folder.  Then I deleted both My Documents folders.  After a few seconds, they BOTH came back.  How is it possible to have two folders of the same name, and mirror images?  When I look at the Properties/Location, they are in the same location.  How can I get rid of one of them?

I ran a program to disable the libraries function (which I hate with a passion normally reserved for ex-husbands and drunk drivers) so this isn't a library folder.  Thank heaven for that program that took those horrible, confusing libraries off my computer!

Monday, April 28, 2014 2:22 AM

All replies

• > When I look at the Properties/Location, they are in the
    > same location.  How can I get rid of one of them?

Is this location a network drive? I've seen this issue when my documents
    folder is living on a HDS NAS filer... Which is incapable of supporting
    offline  files, too :)

Martin

Mal ein GUTES Buch über GPOs lesen?

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment :))
    Monday, April 28, 2014 7:06 AM
  • have you check the properties of the folder?

check the properties of the folder click on the location tab, it will specify the location of the folder.

see screen shot below:

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    IT Stuff Quick Bytes

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:58 AM