Software deployment fails RRS feed

• Question

• We have setup SCE 2010. We are using a test OU with only a few pc's. Agent status is ok on these pc's but when i tried to deploy winscp.exe as a test it would not install. It looked as though the software was downloaded but it would not install. Is there a way to what the problem might be/ I have checked event viewer and it stated it was "killed by client". We are using server 2003 and windows xp.
    Monday, October 11, 2010 2:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Check the Windows Update.log on the client.

It should be under c:\windows folder. Search for the string of the application you tried to install and see the errors below that.

--
    Regards,
    Vik Singh
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    We have setup SCE 2010. We are using a test OU with only a few pc's. Agent status is ok on these pc's but when i tried to deploy winscp.exe as a test it would not install. It looked as though the software was downloaded but it would not install. Is there a way to what the problem might be/ I have checked event viewer and it stated it was "killed by client". We are using server 2003 and windows xp.
    Monday, October 11, 2010 2:24 AM
  • Hello,

Please check the "%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log" file to see if any error was logged. For your reference, here are two threads that disscussed a similar issue:

SCE2010 Software Deployment Status shows Unknown
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenteressentials/thread/5bdc7c6e-5bee-4057-b975-b40e082fb04f

Installation Failed - Firefox 3.5
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenterdevelopment/thread/930b103f-1f6a-4a15-94ad-36995114fdc1 

Hope it helps,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Leon Liu - MS Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by LetITbleed Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:03 PM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:42 AM
  • Hello LetITbleed,

Very glad to hear the issue resolved. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Also, if you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know and we are happy to be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 18, 2010 8:28 AM