failed to get the linked token information RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I have run command line that executes a vbscript that is giving the following error:

failed to get the linked token information. It may not be available. Error 1312

The script works perfectly and returns a code of zero. The script is running under another account but all that works fine too. I could just ignore that error but I'm curious as to why it is being generated.

Thanks

David Z

Monday, August 4, 2014 9:50 PM

All replies

• Error 1312:

C:\DeploymentShare\Scripts>err 1312
    # for decimal 1312 / hex 0x520 :
      ERROR_NO_SUCH_LOGON_SESSION                                   winerror.h
    # A specified logon session does not exist. It may already
    # have been terminated.

Are you accessing any network resources that require credentials?

(I find it funny/suspicious when scripters claim upfront: "The script works perfectly..." :^)

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

• Proposed as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:46 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by David Zemdegs Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:02 PM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:46 PM
  • Yes I am accessing network resources that require credentials. I know about that issue in regards to this error message. My script however does its job accessing network resources just fine. It would not work if it did not have the appropriate credentials. Its just that this error pops up - so if its something to do with the actual network credentials then its a silly error message that has no impact. Im just curious to know exactly what it thinks the problem is.

As to being funny/suspicious - I have been programming for 40 years - and you?

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:06 PM