none
code 80070BC9 on Windows Server 2012 Standard

Question

• Greetings,

I have been contending with this issue for some time now. My Server is a VM (on VMWare 5.5).  For some reason, I cannot try any of the suggested fixes that call for using DISM as it seems I do not have a recovery partition on this box (I didn't install it).  Should I mount a windows server 2012 Standard ISO in the virtual CD/DVD drive of the virtual server and run that to try and repair things?  I'm desperate to get this server up to date and will try any good suggestion.

Thank you very much in advance.

Joshua

Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you if your mean Windows Update error 80070BC9?

If this problem happens when installing specific Windows Update, please try to re-start system in Clean Boot, then, try to check/install update again to check the result.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/331796/perform-a-clean-startup-to-determine-whether-background-programs-are-i

If problem persists, please try to manually download and install failed update and check the result:
    1. Download update from Microsoft Update Catalog website – type the kb number and search for specific update:
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

2. Save the update locally and double click to install.

If problem persists, please provide the detail update number/name which failed to be installed.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 18, 2018 7:28 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:45 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, May 24, 2018 1:45 AM