App-V Office 2013 Licensing Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've managed to setup App-V and am currently trying to package Visio and Project 2013. I've gone through the TechNet Library and searched numerous web pages and cannot find the missing piece to my Licensing issue. We have an Enterprise License for Office (Which from my understanding is volume licensing). I've gone through the steps listed on Technet of downloading the office tool, configuring the .xml file, downloading the Office files, and then again configuring the .xml file to package the Office files for Volume Licensing. I've successfully packaged and deployed both Visio and Project 13, however when I click on File > Account, it's still showing that it is not licensed. We have a KMS server, and the client computers are setup to point to that server (the locally installed Office 13 applications are all using it). Is there a certain part during packaging that I need to tell the APP-V Package where the KMS server is, or should it automatically see the KMS server? When we used VMware Thinapp we had to edit a config.xml file before installing the Office applications so I'm not sure how this supposed to find the KMS server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Friday, October 14, 2016 8:03 PM