none
IE 11 works with Office 365 embedded Video only for Administrator RRS feed

• Question

• Using Office 365 Video, I have embedded a Video into our Moodle Virtual Learning Environment. The video says to login as shown in the image below. In Chrome (and running IE11 as an administrator) when clicking the login button a pop up appears where you can enter your Office 365 credentials. Once complete this pop up disappears and the video begins to play. On my Internet Explorer 11 (running as a normal user) install the pop up is much larger and doesn't disappear once logged in, nor does the video load - it just stays with the same login button shown below. Refreshing the browser makes no difference. I have reset Internet Explorer to defaults and even after a reboot does not change its behaviour. However after visiting the Office 365 support forum (https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/t/430234) they suggested running IE11 as an administrator - THIS WORKED! So my question is, how do I determine what is stopping a normal user for working? I'm guessing it is a permissions issue?

• Edited by tonyyebms Friday, February 5, 2016 8:50 AM added link to Office 365 community post
    Friday, February 5, 2016 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Tools>ActiveX filtering to toggle your IE's ActiveX filtering for the site... (you will see a blue circle icon with a line through it in the IE Address bar when ActiveX filtering or Tracking protection is enabled for the current domain) or display the dev tool (f11)>Console tab which will list the uri's of any blocked content.

Also, Tools>Manage Addons>Show all addons..... locate Adobe Shockwave flash and make sure it is enabled or refer to your system administrators to find out if they are allowing Flash content on your networks.

if you embed video is hosted by a third party in an iframe you MUST add the allowfullscreen attribute to the iframe tag to allow full screen toggling.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Saturday, February 6, 2016 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Tools>ActiveX filtering to toggle your IE's ActiveX filtering for the site... (you will see a blue circle icon with a line through it in the IE Address bar when ActiveX filtering or Tracking protection is enabled for the current domain) or display the dev tool (f11)>Console tab which will list the uri's of any blocked content.

Also, Tools>Manage Addons>Show all addons..... locate Adobe Shockwave flash and make sure it is enabled or refer to your system administrators to find out if they are allowing Flash content on your networks.

if you embed video is hosted by a third party in an iframe you MUST add the allowfullscreen attribute to the iframe tag to allow full screen toggling.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Saturday, February 6, 2016 12:29 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:43 AM