LivecamNX 6000 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Bought the wife a new computer with Vista OS. Bought 2 Microsoft LivecamNX 6000 work great on my laptop with XP will not work with Vista.  Can any one help me!!!   Wife is leaving for a year will be the only way to see her when see's gone.

Thanks!!

Michael

Sunday, December 9, 2007 7:41 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the reply.

First please reinstall the camera driver.

In addition, I would like to confirm if it can work properly on other chat programs, such as OICQ?

If this issue is only encountered when using Windows Live Messenger, I recommend contacting our MSN newsgroup to further check this issue.

I have included our MSN newsgroup for your reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.msn.messenger&cat=en_US_c5125da0-f050-4dce-90f2-5bd35b00ba4a&lang=en&cr=US

If the issue also occurs when using other chat programs, I suggest trying a Clean Boot to test the issue:

Clean Boot

========

1. Click Start, type MSCONFIG in the Search Bar and Press Enter to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All (if it is not gray).

3. Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK.

4. Restart the computer to test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can enable them later. If the System Configuration Utility displays, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click OK.

What’s the result?

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 8:06 AM

All replies

• Why did the the time it said I posted say 7:41 am when it 2:39 pm???

Sunday, December 9, 2007 7:43 PM
  •  

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the post.

The issue can occur if the current camera driver is incompatible with Windows Vista.

Let’s install the latest Windows Vista driver from the following link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/9/5/195512A9-1C1E-4429-BFF0-613D8D92E122/LC14.exe

Hope it helps.

In addition, please understand we use Greenwich Mean Time in this forum. If you are not using this time zone, it will be changed to Greenwich Mean Time automatically.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:58 AM
  • I clicked on the link and it wasn't working. Is the site down or is this just temporary? ... Trying to get the cam to work with Vista 32bit as well. 

Sunday, December 23, 2007 3:43 AM
  •  

Hi Thothilluminus,

Thank you for the post.

I tried the link again and it is still working.

Please try again. If you still cannot access it, please try to download the driver from the following site:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/DownloadResult.aspx?prod=NX6000&os=vista32bit&lang=en&driverVersion=LifeCam%201.4%2032-bit%20and%2064-bit%20for%20Windows%20Vista

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Monday, December 24, 2007 2:56 AM
  •  

Hi  Tim

Downlaoded drivers which I had all ready installed when loading camera software. Still having same problem. Works only after i reboot. Than stops working when I log off than try to log back on. (live messenger).  Sorry it took so long wife just got back for 10 days of leave. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Mike

Monday, December 24, 2007 2:36 PM
  •  

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the reply.

First please reinstall the camera driver.

In addition, I would like to confirm if it can work properly on other chat programs, such as OICQ?

If this issue is only encountered when using Windows Live Messenger, I recommend contacting our MSN newsgroup to further check this issue.

I have included our MSN newsgroup for your reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.msn.messenger&cat=en_US_c5125da0-f050-4dce-90f2-5bd35b00ba4a&lang=en&cr=US

If the issue also occurs when using other chat programs, I suggest trying a Clean Boot to test the issue:

Clean Boot

========

1. Click Start, type MSCONFIG in the Search Bar and Press Enter to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All (if it is not gray).

3. Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK.

4. Restart the computer to test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can enable them later. If the System Configuration Utility displays, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click OK.

What’s the result?

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 8:06 AM