none
Can't open Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The other day I left my Mac idle and when I came back to it Project was not responding. I did a force check in. I use 365 and Project Online with Project Pro for Office 365.  I can now see the Project Summary and managed to limp through a team meeting this morning  but i'm unable to click and open the projects in full project so I can update it. 

Can anyone help?

Monday, January 25, 2016 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

So if you open Project Pro then click File Open > Project Web App > Browse > Show me a list of all projects > then open a project, does that work?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:18 AM
  • Hello,

I and my colleagues are having the same issue after upgrading to Microsoft Project 2016. If we try to open a project through the Project Online site in SharePoint, nothing happens. We can go through Microsoft Project > File Open and open our projects that way, but it is hardly ideal since you can't filter by project owner or any other criteria and we have a lot of project files with similar file names.

I tried doing this in Chrome, and I was at least able to see what action occurs when you try to launch MS Project through the Project Online website. It appears that the URL:Project Protocol is broken in the registry or something because it fails to launch the Microsoft Project 2016 application.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:39 PM
  • Hello 

Have youfounda solution? 
    I have exactlythesame problem, and thisis veryfrustrating.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:44 AM