SessionShim is not showing in Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm having a problem with the ACT 5.6.

I deployed a MSI collection package and collected information from the application. It found the issue is related to Session 0.

This application fails to run due to the inclusion of an interactive service, which is not allowed in Windows Vista. In Windows Vista, applications and services must run in different sessions and cannot interact. To understand and mitigate this issue you can see the Session 0 Isolation topic in http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnlong/html/AppComp.asp or you can contact the application vendor.

I can't find the SessionShim in my ACT 5.6. I have an issue with creating a fix for an application that has session 0 issue.

Anyone please help.

Thanks, Bipin Maliakal

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:42 PM

Answers

• Hi all..

At last I've found the solution by calling Microsoft itself.

I am using Win 7 64 bit OS and using ACT Compatibility Manager 64 bit.

SessionShim is only available in Compatibility Manager 32 bit which will be installed when we install the ACT 5.6.

So if you didn't see the SessionShim or any other shims that has to be there in ACT, please try both versions of ACT Compatibility Manager ie 64 and 32 bit.

When I use the Compatibility Manager 32 bit with my Win 7 64 bit computer I found the SessionShim in the ACT fixes.

Thanks, Bipin Maliakal

• Marked as answer by Bipins Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:47 PM
    • Edited by Bipins Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:22 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:47 PM

All replies

• Hi all..

At last I've found the solution by calling Microsoft itself.

I am using Win 7 64 bit OS and using ACT Compatibility Manager 64 bit.

SessionShim is only available in Compatibility Manager 32 bit which will be installed when we install the ACT 5.6.

So if you didn't see the SessionShim or any other shims that has to be there in ACT, please try both versions of ACT Compatibility Manager ie 64 and 32 bit.

When I use the Compatibility Manager 32 bit with my Win 7 64 bit computer I found the SessionShim in the ACT fixes.

Thanks, Bipin Maliakal

• Marked as answer by Bipins Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:47 PM
    • Edited by Bipins Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:22 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:47 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Hari Kumar B Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:56 PM
    • Edited by Hari Kumar B Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:05 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:54 PM
  • I am using Win 7 64 bit OS and using ACT Compatibility Manager 64 bit.

But where did you find it? I have searched this site and can only find the 32 bit version of version 5.6.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Friday, December 26, 2014 3:55 AM