change appearance of myprofile in mysite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

By default several webparts such as Documents exist in my profile in my site and any other user can see it, but in my home page of my site I have not these webparts. How I can hide these webparts for users who see my profile of my site?

thanks.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

My Profile is a shared page and if you carry out any change here it will not aonly affect your profile but for everyone.

I can suggest you few tips that may help you out:

1.  Create a new document library in your mysite and keep your documents here so that it will not come in profile page and you will be able to hide your docs.

2. In other way go to document library of your mysite. It should be "Shared Documents". Go to settings--> Permissions and break the permissions and remove NT AUTHORITY\authenticated users . However it may take you to other issue with people complaining access denied to your profile. Hence I would recommend to use first way.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 5:16 PM
  • Thanks Nikhil and  Rashu,

By your solutions, webparts in  my profile page are visible to users but their data (content) of webpart are invisible. But I want to permanently delete these webparts and their content.

For this I open my site in sharepoint designer and customize person.aspx page and delete additional(desired)webparts.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Luckstar,

SharePoint is at its best in managing permissions to various groups.

• First of all set permissions for your site content. Every document library / list / any content for that matter can have their own permissions. Set permissios to each of your content such a way that no one reads it or what ever way you want to control. I am talking about breaking inheritance to each content (list / library). (Tip: Navigate to All site content page to see your content)
    • Now even if there any webparts nothing would be visible in those webparts to users who do not have access to the content that webpart rendering or showing.

Mark this reply as answer if this helps :)

Regards Nikhil
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Hi,

My Profile is a shared page and if you carry out any change here it will not aonly affect your profile but for everyone.

I can suggest you few tips that may help you out:

1.  Create a new document library in your mysite and keep your documents here so that it will not come in profile page and you will be able to hide your docs.

2. In other way go to document library of your mysite. It should be "Shared Documents". Go to settings--> Permissions and break the permissions and remove NT AUTHORITY\authenticated users . However it may take you to other issue with people complaining access denied to your profile. Hence I would recommend to use first way.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 5:16 PM
  • Thanks Nikhil and  Rashu,

By your solutions, webparts in  my profile page are visible to users but their data (content) of webpart are invisible. But I want to permanently delete these webparts and their content.

For this I open my site in sharepoint designer and customize person.aspx page and delete additional(desired)webparts.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:22 AM
  • if you have access to modify the profile.aspx you can directly edit it in browser.
    Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:54 AM