WSUS reporting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have problem with my wsus reports. On servers and computers where i installed updates and there are no more updates to install, on wsus servers says it have more updates for particular server od computer. So after this my reports from wsus are not correct.

Does anyone have problem like this?

Friday, July 21, 2017 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

There is distinction between the status reported by the Windows Update Agent to the WSUS Server, and the actual availability of those updates to the client machines. The fact that an update is reported as NotInstalled is only half the process; the other half is ensuring that the update is approved for installation for the correct groups, that the client systems are assigned correctly to those groups, and that the content associated with those updates has successfully downloaded to the WSUS server. Until all three requirements are met, the client will not be able to download/install those updates, and will report the machine as "up to date".

More details, please go through the below similar thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/714b2457-af10-4783-a889-70617d51696d/winupdate-shows-windows-is-up-to-date-but-wsus-shows-updates-needed?forum=winserverwsus

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:35 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 1:57 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for advice.

I have done all the requirements.

Now I have sitation that server get new updates. After install and reboot, WSUS server shows that there is no updates for particular machine but it shows that machine is ready to install updates. And after I leave it for few hours, status wont be changed.

Update counter is ok but status isnt.

lp

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:44 AM