Vista MCE full screen RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just setting up my friends network with Vista Ultimate (Black) and have a few general queries but mainly based around MCE.

When running full screen MCE it locks the mouse cursor to that monitor which is not the primary, just the display for tv etc, is there anyway to stop this?as i basically can't do sod all else.

What are the limits of folder sharing on the network also, are they the same as XP Pro ie docs and settings are not accessible??

I am a vista newby clearly!! lol

Is MCE capable of client/server config? as i only want to use one tuner on the "server".

Cheers

Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hello,

What I found is that by pressing the Windows button on the keyboard, allows me to move the mouse out of the Media Center monitor that I have it on. You will have to do this each time; however, this is the only solution I found that works, if you would like to use MC full screen.

The folder sharing feature in Windows Vista should be as same as Windows XP.

Hope the above information helps!

Friday, September 26, 2008 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What I found is that by pressing the Windows button on the keyboard, allows me to move the mouse out of the Media Center monitor that I have it on. You will have to do this each time; however, this is the only solution I found that works, if you would like to use MC full screen.

The folder sharing feature in Windows Vista should be as same as Windows XP.

Hope the above information helps!

Friday, September 26, 2008 10:46 AM
  • Hiya Andy,

That's great thank you for that, i'm happy with that and so is my mate who's network it is. It works so that'll do Smile

I guessed the folder sharing permissions would be the same but it's no issue with using sharing folders for the media, especially when itunes and mce will share anyway so it's just for the matter of movies etc which is fine.

The bonus is his iphone will operate both itunes and mce fully thus bypassing the useless media center remote.

He's very happy so my work is done other than remote access lol

Thanks very much bud

p.s. do you need tuners in each pc with MCE or can you use server/client config like sage tv??

Rik

Friday, September 26, 2008 9:20 PM