none
Profiles RRS feed

• General discussion

• Some questions...

- Will TechNet Wiki contributors get profile points? What are the plans/thoughts around that?

- Will we get the ability to include more description space on our profiles for more text, images, and/or videos? Are there any plans or thoughts around that?

- Will we get Favorited articles back to our profiles? If not, shouldn't we remove the "Favorite" feature since it currently does nothing?

Ed
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:29 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Very interesting questions!

IMHO:
    Question 1. Yes, that's + 1 as feature request!
    Question 2. Yes, feature request! (+1)
    Question 3. Yes, please, I miss that one too! (+1)

It would certainly help to promote the use of the wiki.
    And it would be a big step forward in the wiki usability!

Peter

Peter Geelen (Traxion) - Sr. Consultant IDA (http://www.fim2010.be)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or "Helpful" button of that post.
    By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.]
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:36 AM
    Owner
  • Profile points will happen.

We can collect profile requests/scenarios and submit them to the Profile team for consideration. Pile on this thread!

"Favorite" should be removed since it does not currently do anything. Agreed. Out of curiousity, is the functionality missed?

Eric

Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:59 AM
  • Out of curiosity, is the functionality missed?

Eric

Yes. 

Peter also mentioned that he missed the Favorite feature (being able to Favorite articles that then get placed on your profile). It was one way to easily see what articles you wrote or which ones you want to work on more, etc. 

So I don't think the feature is the best/only way to satisfy that need. If we could see all the articles we created for all time, then that would take care of it.

Ed (http://blogs.msdn.com/User_Ed)
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:57 PM
    Owner
  • Trying to clear this from the metrics, seems it is stuck somehow.
    tony soper
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:23 PM
  • I m so happy with this much.
    Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming! 
    Friday, July 22, 2011 9:28 PM
  • I can answer my own questions now...

- Will TechNet Wiki contributors get profile points? What are the plans/thoughts around that?

Answer: They do now! Yay! Points and achievements!

- Will we get the ability to include more description space on our profiles for more text, images, and/or videos? Are there any plans or thoughts around that?

Answer: No current plans around that, but it's a good idea that a lot of people want.

- Will we get Favorited articles back to our profiles? If not, shouldn't we remove the "Favorite" feature since it currently does nothing?

Answer: We removed the "Favorite" button to solve this problem. However, it would be a nice feature to have on the new profiles.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft xPM = Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter)
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:06 PM
    Owner