Distribution Point selection for client server with multiple subnets RRS feed

• Question

• We have multiple ISA servers that live on our internal network and our DMZ network. These servers are part of our internal domain. We have distribution point internally and in the DMZ. These ISA servers are part of two boundary groups since they have IP's assigned internally and on the DMZ. Is there a way to force the SCCM client to point internally at all times? At present some ISA servers aren't downloading updates because the client is pointing to the DMZ domain distribution point.

THX> Eric

Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:03 PM

Answers

• I don't not with this can be controlled or not, but I've got to ways to work arround this issue.

1. Allow clients to "fall-back" to a central DP if content is not avaliable on a local DP.
    2. Make sure that the packages you need are avaliable on all DP's where they are needed.

Both scenarios should solve your problem.

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:59 PM

All replies

• I don't not with this can be controlled or not, but I've got to ways to work arround this issue.

1. Allow clients to "fall-back" to a central DP if content is not avaliable on a local DP.
    2. Make sure that the packages you need are avaliable on all DP's where they are needed.

Both scenarios should solve your problem.

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:59 PM
  • And no, there is no way that I know of to tell the client to use a specific network connection for Configuration Manager functions. So you would need to work around the situation as Ronni describes.

Wally Mead

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:01 PM