Word Templates and Add-Ins RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day,

Have a question about MS Word Global Templates and Add-Ins.

I have a template stored on trusted folder. when I click on File-> Options-> Add-Ins->Manage -> Templates then click Go

then choose a template to be appeared in the word doc or other template. it does not appear. what might be the reason? any help is appreciated.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 2:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Nil Dot,

>>I have a template stored on trusted folder. << Do you store template in local location or network?

Normally templates are stored in this location:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

I suggest you move the template to this default location and check if you can add the template.

Please try this first and let me know the result, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 6, 2017 8:36 AM
  • Thanks for the respond. I have the templates stored on local. I also have templates stored on network both does not work. I have those folder trusted as well.

I have also moved the templates to %Appdata%/Roaming/Microsoft/Templates and to STARTUP folders and also at programdata\Microsoft\windows\templates and still it does not appear.

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:00 PM
  • There are three things you can do with templates in this dialog.

One is to make a template global (an Add-In) for your current Word session. That is the Add button. This makes no changes whatever in your current document.

The second is to Attach the template to your open document. This, again, makes no changes to your current document unless you check the box to update styles, in which case it will do that.

The third is to open the Organizer which lets you copy macros or styles. (This is through the button at the bottom of the dialog box.

What is it you are trying to do using this dialog?

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Saturday, January 7, 2017 7:02 PM