Connectivity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone. I have a problem that drives me insane.

I curently live in germany ( i moved here for work). I've buyed and PC from Medion with windows 8.1 RTS i think (or how is called)

I live in my uncle house, and 3 weeks ago he instaled an internet connection, the isp is vodafone. 

Heres my problem, i cant connect to the modem wiht an cable and i use and wifi stick. 

When i buyed the PC it had an wifi stick from it, when i connect to the wifi it says that theres limited conectivity, with the troubleshot it says that the DNS server isnt responding, i changed the dns with the one from google and several dns from opendns. but still the same problem. I've buyed an wifi stick from net gear, the wifi stick is: A6100 WiFi USB Mini Adapter. AC600 Dual Band.

Heres another problem, on it it says that the wifi driver is compatibile with windows 8 but when i tryed to instal it trhought the CD that come with the packet it sayd that it dosent support this os. I searched on my laptop and found an driver for windows 8, ive installed it and now it connects, sometimes it says limited conectivity. But now i have another problem, althought i'm conected to the wifi and i have 4 bars the internet still dosent work.. i mean it works but i have extremely low internet speed, in five minutes barely conected to google, and when i tryed to connect to speedtest.net the browesr said that i dont have internet connection, but im connected to the internet with 4 bars. 

Someone said that windows 8 isnt compatibile with some modems, and i tryed to instal windows 7 but it freezes at the first Starting Windows after the loading files. 

The weird thing is that on laptop is working fine. On the laptop the i dont have any problem with conectivity, and on my lumia phone too, theres no problem and the conectivity is preety good.

Should i try to instal a windows 7?

The modem is Dsl EasyBox 803 A Firmware Version:30.05.221 from vodafone 

I dont know what to do anymore. Also i cant instal an windows 7 due to the freezing problem, so im stuck with a performant pc that is useles....

oh and sorry for my bad english, it isnt my native language
    • Edited by CosminRo Sunday, November 16, 2014 12:37 PM
    Sunday, November 16, 2014 12:37 PM