Bug in New-CsKerberosAccountAssignment RRS feed

• Question

• http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398449.aspx allows the kerberos account to be created manually (as a user account). However, the string parser of New-CsKerberosAccountAssignment appears to limit the number of characters to 14, so it appears to assume that thew automatic method has been used to create a computer kerberos account. 

It's an easy workaround (limit the nuser name to 14 characters), but it just FYI in caxe anyone else comes across it.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:21 AM

All replies

• (Delete it in case it will cause some confusion )

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
    Monday, February 13, 2012 5:01 AM
  • I believe we are talking about two different things: I was refering to the number of characters in the account, not the old LM password hashing algorithm. As I said, the New-CsKerberosAccountAssignment is making an assumption that a computer account and not a user account has been used which is a different issue. (As it turned out, I could not get a user account to work anyway - despite folloing the manual creation of account instructions to the letter, it kept on complaining that there was a problem with the account created. I assume therefore, that New-CsKerberosAccountAssignment actually can't handle user accounts full stop. My guess is that it's the Technet documentation that is at fault. But that's just my guess. I have not seen a single blog or forum post where anyone has actually tried it!)
    Monday, February 13, 2012 8:37 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for misreading your original post.I will do some further research on this issue if I have any info I will update it here.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial t

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:08 AM