Version number not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I need to know how to make the version number for Skype for Business 2016 update. I have found a few posts along the same line but with no solutions other then install KB3178656 and KB3178717. 

I just pushed out KB4461586 to production and still, no update to the version number. Now I have folks complaining that their Skype is old and needs to be updated. 

Was a fix ever found for this issue?

Thanks

Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Techstep,

You could use KB4461586 update the SFB client to the latest version now. According to the official document, you must have either of the following updates installed:
    3203472 August 1, 2017, update for Office 2016 (KB3203472)
    4011099 September 5, 2017, update for Office 2016 (KB4011099)
    Additionally, you must have the October 2, 2018, update for Office 2016 (KB4011669) installed.
    Please check the prerequisites in your environment, details about this you could refer to the following official document: January 2, 2019, update for Skype for Business 2016 (KB4461586)

In addition to above checking, you could also do the following steps to check about this issue:
    1. Delete user’s cache files in the PC: 
    SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX 
    SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX 
    2. Do a clean boot on this PC by the following official document: How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    3. Restart the SFB client check again, if this issue also persists, try to reboot the PC and check again. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, February 4, 2019 7:38 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2019 1:59 AM
  • Hi Evan, 

Unfortunately, this did not work. 

Confirmed 3206472, 4011669, 4011099 and 4461586 are installed. 

Performed Steps 1 - 3. 

No change in version number despite performing these actions on 2 different machines and a clean boot after the 2 steps. Even did another reboot after the clean boot. 

Anyone got any other ideas? Can we get some kind of acknowledgement from Microsoft on this issue and plans they have to sort this out?

Thanks, 

• Edited by Techstep Monday, February 4, 2019 8:18 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2019 7:32 PM
  • Hi Techstep,

I have a test in my environment, and I also confirm with others, if you want to get the correct SFB client version, the best way is to check this in the Lync-UccApi-0.UccApilog files under the folder %AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing. In the SFB client the version may not correct as the office version. You could also refer to the screenshot in my environment: 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:59 AM