Adding link to css/jquery file in Page markup Or content editor markup leads to 404 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I am trying to add <link > tag or <script> tag in  Page markup Or Content Editor Markup.
    my Css files,Jquery/Javascript files are on document library. But when I add this links in Markup

Markup loads for a while and then turns out 404 page not found but the link remains same which is valid actually.

Similar thing works good on my local environment but not able to understand why its happening on Client Env.

I hope I m clear with my problem, please let me know if needs more information.
    Does anyone have any idea ? I am really stuck on this. Thanks in advance.

Swapnil S

Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:20 PM

Answers

• Swapnil,

Could you please share a snapshot of just the markup where you are trying to add the css or jquery references?

Moreover I feel that - the best approach to follow using custom css or jquery would be to place these files in the Layouts folder rather than directly referring it in the document library. Since there are chances that the document library might have some permissions and if a person who doesn't have permission to the library would face issues loading the page where this custom css or jquery is referenced.

Prateesh Nair (MCTS) | Orion India Systems

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, July 6, 2012 7:19 AM
    Friday, June 8, 2012 4:01 AM